Thursday, September 6, 2007

I told myself I wouldn't....

...but, I have so many Ultimate thoughts, I've just gotta post. I watched the ECC finals between Riot and Fury. Riot played harder D (I saw 0 Fury layout bids), but were either trying a straight up that wasn't working or were overplaying the force side. I saw ONE IO forehand break, the rest were backhands, many of them big. I added marking to my visualization scheme; there is no excuse for a lazy mark. The first few points were LAZY D from both teams. Too much allowance of cutting to the force side- that is YOUR side, defense!

Layout practice on the mat last night with Huckett, Gibbs, and Natalie. I ended on a sweet high "D"- that is the one I am practicing & visualizing, that layout up for the OI throw to your girl one step ahead, the one that is just of reach if you don't leave your feet. That one that makes me idolize Christina & Dave.

Hucks: both teams had them, both teams threw them well. Deep defense: need to create a TEAM defense that won't allow hucks for scores; we've got the speed & ups. Both teams rarely throw poor passes, but both defenses allowed open cuts on the force side. 30 hours to go....I've got butterflies already.

1 comment:

ellsworthless said...

From what I have seen of your Defense, all it would take is everyone knowing that they CANNOT chase their girl deep. On the deep cuts they have to be side by side or on their asses. You will win the majority of the matchups in the air if you are there, that is one of your great defensive strengthens, in my humble opinion.