Friday, April 27, 2007

E-mail, etc.

I got the preview e-mail sent out at the beginning of this week. The ball is officially rolling, or more appropriately, the disc is spinning. I went to women's practice yesterday and was decidedly worn out by one 13 point scrimmage. I'm playing in St. Louis this weekend with One Trick Pony (co-ed), and we will only have 4 women for the weekend. Yikes! I'm pretty sure my body isn't ready for that....but I can't say no to Ultimate! I will try to have a full recap of the weekend sometime next week. I am disappointed that more of the "old" Ames people aren't going. I really wanted Lana to go b/c I like playing with her- which can be said of most of Rackages. Those that I can't say it of, I just haven't played with, yet.

So here is what I sent the tournament directors for Boston Invite:

"Past performance: Well, we are formed of a CLX (The Chad Larson Experience) women core, and CLX placed 10th at Worlds last November. CLX declined playing at Nationals last year, but were in semis in 2005 and placed 2nd in 2004.

Comments: Our non-CLX women are of the same fiber: layout too much, huck big, run fast, take chances, and cause a ruckus on and off the field. Some of us have been playing together since I started playing womens (6 years ago), and besides our natural love of the disc, want to win it for each other."

I think this bid lands in the "pretty okay" pile. Dang it, I wish I were witty! But, so far I've gotten positive responses from the team about attending. It would be awesome, and I may actually be in some sort of shape to play by then.

Solarz came up with this gem:
"nothing runs like a Deere, or a girl with a small rackage"

So then I ask you, why are Tai and Christina so fast? I almost had to ban them from the team, but....
despite their not quite small rackage, I love playing with them for their ridiculous bids. Seriously,
if you haven't seen them play, you're missing out. And I'm sure at heart they are truly Small Rackages.


No comments: