Thursday, April 19, 2007

Ultimate in my Veins...Always

Okay, so I am biding time before this giraffe necropsy (I am stoked), and I google my name and end up reading the play by play for the 2004 National Finals and have to post this about DK and the Vicar:
"Shazam works the spread offense on the next point, but Karsten gets the D. He then throws a terrible, blade-like hammer to Seiler, who incredibly makes the catch."
Man, what an awesome season (and a spectacular catch...watch the videos). Building my base of Small Rackages from CLX women, and adding in women that LOVE to play and LOVE to lay, I am hoping for something similar, yet altogether different and hopefully better. I am about to start an e-mail to my "committed"s and my "maybe"s. I am out of shape, recently throwing like poop, but about to have my 4th day in a row of Ultimate- who could ask for more? Well, I am actually hoping there will also be pick up tomorrow and that I'll go to women's practice on Saturday. I am fired up to get in the best shape of my life, which will be tough- I've been fairly fit at some times of my life, and those were times when I had less to distract me from Ultimate. I'm also about to start digging into my research life- what an exciting time for me (that sounds saracstic, but isn't). I am hoping that everyone reading this can feel as poised to start the best part of their life as I do right now.
Oh, I watched an awesome history thingy on UCLA baskeball's golden years with Coach Wooden last night. I think that also inspired me, but doesn't explain why I dreamed of turnovers last night- I'm apprehensive about handling for this team of mine, and wonder if I even SHOULD handle. I actually woke up super angry with myself in the middle of the night, asking myself WHY I would try the loopey forehand over the poach when I KNEW I could dump that backhand (I don't know who my dump was, but probably Sarah Solarz). By the way, Solarz is one of the best handlers I know. Man, I want the disc in her hands. Nobody knows of this blog, yet.

3 comments:

Melissa Jo Gibbs said...

I know now! I know!!! Yesssss. I just got so super stoked for the women's team I peed a little.

Jakerz96 said...

Oooh gross! I have a friend who in high school when we rowed together would always pee a little right before the start of a race and I thought it was really funny.

I know now too!

Solarz said...

Yep, that's me. I am the dump girl :-) Can't wait to get this thing rolling!