Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Leftovers

I love leftovers. I love the taste, which tends to blend and magnify with time. I love the feeling of completion when finishing them off, and even love missing them once they're gone. Sometimes I like to add cheese, sometimes jalepenos. I like them cold, I like them hot. Somehow, Ultimate is like food for me, only better because it doesn't make me fat (I am just not an attractive person when I have "extra" weight). Ultimate this year is kind of like leftovers- I've had it before but it tastes even better than last time! It will be different, kind of like making a casserole out of leftovers- you've had all the parts before, but never all together, and probably not with as much cheese (I loves the dairy products). I've played women's, I've played club, I've played with this girl, I've played with that girl...but never club women's with ALL these girls!!! A few of them I've never played with. That is like opening something new to add to your leftovers. I won't play a tournament for almost 2 weeks, and won't play Rackages for almost 4, so all I really have to post about is my excitement & my workouts. Workouts have been awesome, the work on my mark less than awesome. I need a sign to pin to my shirt, reminding me to focus on it; I think when playing against so many males, I tend to focus less on it because I have a bit of a complacency- they're going to break me anyway. "What?!!" you say, "Rachel, that is a horrible attitude and they WILL break you if you think that!" I know. Which is why I need to work on it. And really, I've handblocked a lot these guys before, so it can be done. So, if any of you see me being lazy or getting broken or not getting on the mark, please chastise me. Pick-up tonight. I hope people are timely.

Oh, a little note....Small Rackages is in the Elite division of Boston Invite, which I think has 9 teams that went to Natties last fall. Suh-weet, but if I post about it now, I won't have a post until after Poultry Days.

3 comments:

Melissa Jo Gibbs said...

So, um. Leftovers. I started a strict diet yesterday. Sadly someone left some "leftover" popcorn on the table. I've looked at it all day through post-workout and eggs, grapefruit and coffee breakfast and lunch.

That popcorn was good. I'll just do another 6 mile bikeride tonight if that's what it takes. Keep on keeping me fired up cuz you are doing a great job at it!

Unknown said...

What you really need is to pin the sign on the other person's shirt so when you look at them, you can see the sign.

Seriously, practice more force middle cup. If you get broken, you run more. It's great motivation to keep the mark.

Warrior Princess said...

Good thinking. Gibbs made me a button that says "Mark Harder, Rachel!"- maybe I'll make Lana wear it tonight. :)